The Society holds regular meetings throughout the year except in December and January. An integral part of each meeting is a talk given by a noted speaker on topics related to genealogical and historical research. See the full calendar below. All General Meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month, at 6:30 PM. in the BCGS Library. Remember, doors open at 6 PM. Refreshments will be served before the program. Programs are free to Society members, donation requested from non-members.
The society also holds one dinner meeting and one picnic each year. The June Dinner Meeting and the Annual Picnic are held at various locations.
Periodically the Society conducts workshops, seminars, and trips for members and the general public which relate to genealogical research, methodology, and various other related activities.
- Thursday, March 16 @ 6:30pm
- The guest speaker this month is Laurel Miller, first president of the Society. She will speak about her experiences and adventures while collecting Berks County genealogical information. Light refreshments. Doors open at 6 p.m. Free to members, donation from non-members requested.
- Thursday, April 20 @ 6:30pm
- New Happenings in the Prothonatary's Office by Jonathan DelCollo
- Thursday, May 18
- Field Trip to Tulpehocken Settlement Historical Society and view their library collection.
- Annual Banquet
- The Annual Banquet will be held at Wegman's Restaurant. The date and time will be announced soon.
- Thursday, July 20 @ 6:30pm
- Thursday, August 17 @ 6:300pm
- Ongoing in the BCGS Library
- BCGS Book Sale - Everything must go!! Find a gift for the genealogist on your list, or something similar. Prices have been slashed to move the merchandise before we have to give up the space. First come, first served. Book Sale List
- Sunday, March 12 | 12 - 4pm
- The Berks County Genealogical Society will hold an Open House on Sunday, March 12, to commemorate National Genealogy Day and to celebrate our 37th anniversary. Join us in Room 413 at the GoggleWorks Center for the Arts, 201 Washington Street, Reading, PA 19601 from noon to 4 p.m. for refreshments and a FREE one-hour How to Get Started class at 2 p.m.